There are many tricks of the trade, but any good wedding planner will tell you the same thing. The secret to easy wedding planning is simple. It’s organization. If you are organized and complete tasks in a timely fashion you won’t stumble upon any snafu that you can’t handle. While nothing could really ruin the day on which you marry the love of your life, it never hurts to heed some professional advice.
Follow these wedding planning secrets for worry-free planning:
- Have your save the dates, wedding invitations and thank you cards all purchased ahead of time. Purchasing them at once will also ensure that they match your preferred theme. Having these logistics done and on hand will give you one less thing to fret about as the days tick away. It is also a good idea to make multiple address labels as you are assembling the guest list. This will save time so you won’t have to go back to the printer when it comes time to mail each item.
- Remember what is most important. During the chaos of wedding planning, the disagreements regarding who to invite or what types of dishes to serve, remember why you are planning this celebration. You are sharing the union of your love with your friends and family, so don’t let the stress get to you.
- Stay on budget. It is easy to make an exception and go over budget in a few areas, but those costs will quickly add up, and they can set you much further over than you had expected. You certainly don’t want to start the next chapter of your life buried in new credit card debt. Create a budget early on and find one area where you want to splurge – be it flowers, alcohol or the dress – and be modest everywhere else.
- Prepare for all possibilities. If you have an outdoor venue, have a backup location. Have a fashion emergency kit nearby, and if you do not have assigned seating, then be sure to have seating for more people than the number of guests (there are sure to be some empty spots).
- Create some buffer time. Tell the wedding party to be ready for photos, hair appointments, or the ceremony 15 to 20 minutes before they really need to be. Just don’t let it slip that it isn’t the real time.
With a few easy wedding planning secrets, you will breeze through the planning process like a pro.