The emotions you feel when welcome your new little one into your arms are indescribably happy ones: joy, love, relief and pride in your accomplishment, followed pretty closely by a panicky, how-am-I-going-to-do-this feeling. The responsibility and the emotions can be overwhelming, so the moms at Pear Tree wanted to help relieve some of that stress by sharing their best tips for new moms. For bedtime, laundry days, play time, school days and much more, here are our favorite tips for new moms from 5 Pear Tree moms.
Michelle, mom of 1 little boy with baby #2 on the way, due in a few short months!
- Laundry Magic. Never have to match socks again! Use diaper pins, the ones with the plastic tops, to match socks before laundering. I liked it so much for my son’s socks that I actually do my own now too!
- Extra supply of “Liquid Gold.” Help Preemie Babies & Breast Cancer Research by donating if you have extra supply of breast milk. Learn more here.
- Food tip. Whole grapes can be dangerous to feed little kids. They can easily choke on them if they’re not cut in half. Use two plates to hold grapes and slide knife through. Cuts a lot all at once! (Here is a pin to help.)
- Handprint preservation. Use modeling clay to preserve their sweet little handprint! I started this when my baby was 3 months old and have made them up to 3 years old + counting. I love looking back at these! The other great part about it is, you bake them in the oven and they are non-breakable and flexible. Alex loves looking back to see how small his handprint was when he was a baby and playing with them! We even gave a few as presents. OR use an ink pad + paper – any way of preserving their handprint works for me!
Send a graduation announcement that is as unique as your grad! We wanted to share with you six graduation announcement ideas that are Best-In-Class with their standout design and trendy style. Spot these standout designs in our graduation announcements and invitations with a Golden Pear icon. Here are our most popular Golden Pear designs. Simply click on the image to learn more.
Foil-Stamped Graduation Announcements
These graduation announcements let your personality shine through! Real foil in gold or silver is stamped on the cards for the look of formal graduation announcements without all the pomp and circumstance.
Ribbon Booklet Graduation Announcements
Friends and family will love to unfold these graduation announcements. A ribbon runs through the announcement and is tied shut with a bow for recipients to open. It adds an extra touch to these designs that will reveal beautiful photos from childhood to senior year.
These accordion-style graduation announcements puts them at the top of the class. The 5-panel design unfolds to reveal oodles of photos, personalized messages and party details. A sure hit with family and friends! Continue reading
Congratulations on the arrival of your little one! Now that you have ooo’d and ahhh’d and soaked in all the little dimples of your newborn, it’s time to share all the picture-perfect details with family and friends so they can cherish the excitement, too. You’ll want to choose birth announcements that bring out the best in your baby photos, but where to start?
Lucky for you, when our designers are creating new birth announcements, they are already thinking about ways to highlight your baby in the best way possible. Their designs usually include multiple photos in different sizes and shapes so you can use a variety of shots, combined with fun, stylish fonts that let you layer in even more personality. To make the selection easier for you, we wanted to share our 5 most popular baby announcement ideas. Simply click on the image to see more details.
#1. Taped Collage Birth Announcements. This announcement features 5 photo spots to show off your bundle of joy. The trendy washi tape design on the back adds the perfect touch. You can see how it’d be our top seller!
#2. Welcome Baby Boy Birth Announcements. These birth announcements are easy on the checkbook and yet, showcase your newborn exactly how you pictured. There’s a total of four photo areas on this card and all colors can be personalized to your liking.
At Pear Tree, we are inspired by design and appreciate new design. Earlier this week we heard about two moms who, like us, are pushing the limits on new design. These moms created the brand, Princess Awesome. They have a very inspiring story about how girls have various interests in toys, animals, superheros and more, but there aren’t any dresses that have those designs. These moms took it upon themselves to solve that. They started this clothing design business in a basement, found the resources they needed to get these one-of-a-kind designs and started selling locally and then online. They have 3 dress designs they are focusing on: Pi, pirates, and dinosaurs. Continue reading
It’s an exciting time for high school seniors everywhere, as they prepare to walk across the stage to receive their diploma, a milestone capping all their hard work in school. Sharing this moment with family and friends is a wonderful way to honor the graduate and send him or her off into the world. To start the graduation party, you must first start with the graduation invitation, and we are excited to give you a sneak peek of our new designs! Here are a few of the new graduation invitation ideas that our design team focused on this year.
1. School Logo. These graduation announcements feature a place for you to share your school logo. Show your high school pride by using your high school logo or look ahead to the future and add your college logo.
2. Foil, foil, foil. We added a new collection of foil graduation invitations that add the perfect amount of shine to your card. It’s a chic and classy look that is sure to wow family and friends. Foil colors include silver and gold.
Graduation season is nearly upon us and that signifies an incredible achievement not only for the graduate, but also for his or her family. Planning a unique and memorable graduation party can be overwhelming, but we are here to help you find ways to add the perfect personalized touch! These top 5 graduation party ideas started with by choosing the graduation announcements for inspiration and incorporating graduation party decorations from Pear Tree Greetings. Just add a touch of DIY from family or friends to finalize the party setup.
1. The Year in Photos. This graduation party idea has been a hit with our followers on Pinterest, receiving over 11,000 repins! The Year in Photos idea came from our Kraft & Shine Graduation Party that was inspired by our Kraft Ribbon Booklet Graduation Announcements. For this idea, organize printed photos in the shape of your graduation year. Add festive-colored balloons for an added touch.
2. The Year in Cupcakes. This graduation party idea looks delicious! The Year in Cupcakes idea came from one of our Featured Favorites who used the Trifold Dots Graduation Announcements for a joint graduation party and personalized it with bright, fun colors that matched their outfits in the photos. For this idea, they cut out cardboard numbers for the class year and used props to lift the numbers off the table to give it some dimension. Add delicious cupcakes with sprinkles that match the invitation and you have yourself a (tasty) hit!
Birthday party ideas for girls seem to get more difficult to come up with each year. My daughter and I talked through a few different ideas and finally landed on a unicorn themed party. She loves anything pink and glittery, so we thought this would be the perfect theme to incorporate many shades of pink and several different accent colors.
For the invitations, I decided to use Pear Tree Greetings’ Magic Unicorn Mask Kids Birthday Invitations because they were super unique and fun for the kids to open. I decided to keep the colors of pink and purple to go with the color theme of the party.
The centerpiece for the party was a unique turquoise unicorn that I had found a while ago and always knew that I would eventually be able to use for a party. Continue reading
It’s time to get those save the date cards in the mail if you’re planning a summer wedding. These save the date ideas all set the stage perfectly for a summer wedding, and will inspire your guests to start planning for the big day.
These simple yet elegant save the date cards softly announce your wedding date with a beautiful photo and your initials on the front, framed on either side by an elegant damask pattern.
Beautiful white blossoms are a sweet accent to your romantic photo on these trendy, square save the date cards. The more colorful your photo, the more the blooms will stand out.
Say It With Flowers
We love the simple beauty of these two-sided save the date cards that combine your photos with bright flowers and woven vines for a fresh and artful look.
Our friends at Red Stamp have a fun and interactive app where you can send greetings right from your mobile device. With Valentine’s Day coming later this week, download their app and take a peek at their darling Valentine’s Day collection. They offer a really great way to stay in touch with those you don’t see as often, but still want to send a little message that you are thinking of them.
Real cards created by real people like you!
Our classroom valentines are such a hit with kids and parents. The child can choose the valentine that best reflects their personality and the hobbies they may have. My sister-in-law, Andrea, texted me a photo of my niece’s Valentine’s Day cards and they were perfect for the things they are interested in so I just had to have her share these Valentine’s Day ideas!
Andrea’s daughter, Mylah, chose the All Eyes on Owl Valentine’s Day Cards for Kids. This design is interactive and gives the recipients something to take home and color! Andrea said, “Mylah can’t wait to get her valentines ready for her pre-school and daycare. She loves the fact that they can actually color their valentine if they want. She just loves to color, it’s one of her favorite things so it only makes sense that she would want to share that with her class. I love the envelopes they are so cute and just her size. We plan on giving each kid a couple color crayons taped to the outside of the envelopes.” Mylah also got matching Color Me Happy Valentine’s Day Stickers that she can also include in the envelope with her valentine. “The stickers are so colorful and the perfect size.” Continue reading