‘Tis the season to be jolly….Really? In October? I was shopping this past weekend for something to wear for a segment on a local news channel when I actually heard a Christmas song at the department store. I love the holidays and everything that comes along with them but it did seem a little early, even for me. Still, I found myself singing along as my thoughts drifted to Christmas shopping, parties, decorating, and–oh my gosh I have to do a Christmas card!–when suddenly choirs of angels started singing (literally) and I had my big ah-ha moment. Christmas songs. That’s the answer!
Every year I struggle over Christmas card wording ideas to put on my holiday cards. Many of them just don’t seem personal enough. But this year I’m going to take the words from a Christmas song and make them my own. When I picture Joy to the World next to a photo of my kids with bright happy smiles on their faces, it takes on a whole new meaning. Silent night with a photo of my sleeping baby. Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!–and a photo of my kids making a snowman. Give it a try. I’ll bet you can come up with plenty of others to fit your family.
- May all your Christmases be white – next to a photo of a snow covered landscape or kids playing in the snow
- Deck the halls – makes a great Christmas party invitation
- Peace on earth – with a photo from a trip you took this year
- O Christmas Tree – and a collage of photos from your annual trek to find the perfect tree
- All I want for Christmas is… – show off baby’s new front teeth, or your 5-year old who has lost his
- Do you hear what I hear? – is someone in the band?
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas – show off your gaudiest Christmas sweater or put on Santa hats
- Rockin’ around the Christmas tree – anything goes with this one
- Believe! – close-up of a wide-eyed child
- The First Noel – baby’s first Christmas
Latest posts by Pear Tree Greetings (see all)
- Lasting Holiday Traditions - November 21, 2014
- What it means to be Heirloom, what it means to be something unique - November 19, 2014
- Kids Birthday Party Ideas: Start Your Engines! - November 4, 2014