Most of the time when you think about summer party ideas, you think about food: grilling, eating outdoors, those are the key ingredients. But what if you thought about it in a different way?
One of the moms at Pear Tree wanted to organize an outing for her family reunion, so she came up with a list of activities that they could do as a group that would be something more than the usual picnic. We thought we’d share it, and added a few ideas of our own, in case they sparked some summer party ideas for you!
Image by: wellpy.net
- Go to an amusement park.
- Take the picnic to a local lake or beach. No water? Rent a room at a hotel that has a pool or water park.
- Go to the zoo.
- Have a clambake or lobster boil.
- Go canoeing or kayaking for the day.
- Take a hike.
- Go to your county or state fair.
- Go horseback riding.
- Build something together. Do you have an outdoor project, such as building a play fort that you could use a hand with? Invite everyone over to help build it, like an old-fashioned barn-raising, complete with food and beverages for the workers, of course.
- Organize a work party. Volunteer to clean up a park, work for a day with Habitat for Humanity, help an elderly neighbor, or look for other local volunteer opportunities you can do as a group.
- Visit a winery or brewery.
- Look for local events and tours. Check local websites for group activities such as historical or architectural tours, boat cruises and other events you could turn into a party.
Latest posts by Dani (see all)
- Personalized Gift Ideas Featured on Twin Cities Live - November 26, 2014
- Personalized Gift Ideas - November 25, 2014
- Pear Tree Greetings featured in… - November 18, 2014