Gender reveal baby showers are such a fun, new trend for moms- and dads-to-be. It’s a way to get your loved ones in on the big surprise of if it is a girl or a boy. We found lots of fun gender reveal baby shower ideas and know there are many more out there. Here are our top 10 gender reveal ideas, we’d love to hear your favorites, too!
1. Balloons: Take a photo of pink and blue balloons and then hang on to the color that represents the gender of the baby!
2. Cake: You can have your doctor put the gender of the baby in an envelope; then bring it to the bakery and let them know you are doing a gender reveal.
3. Silly string: Buy the silly string in the color that represents the gender of your baby. Put paper around the cans and tie with blue and pink ribbon. Once guests grab the can and start spraying each other, they will know if you are having a boy or a girl!
4. Hang up clothing: Hang up clothing that represents the gender. You could do the whole outfit or just one piece like a hat or a tie for a boy and a dress or a tutu for a girl.
5. Paint: Similar to the silly string above, get paint in the color that represents the gender and have a paint fight. Makes for fun & memorable pictures!
6. Blowing the dust: Be sure the camera can’t see the color of dust you are holding and then when ready, blow the dust to reveal the gender. Get a few pictures and create a timeline like shown here.
7. Photobooth-style reveal: You each have a balloon, both act like you are going to blow up your balloon and then in the last photo do the actual balloon for the gender of the baby. Could do in a local photo booth or create the collage yourself with these three pictures.
8. Using a sign: Create (or buy) a sign that says ‘boy or girl’ and then in your next photo have the sign only revealing what the gender is. Creating a collage would be a fun idea for this idea, too!
9. Drink color: Once the guests have arrived, bring out the drinks for all to see what the gender is! Having cookies or other treats in the same theme would be fun, too.
10. Booties: Take a photo of blue and pink booties and then keep the color that represents the gender for the final photo to reveal if it’s a boy or girl.
There you have our top 10 gender reveal ideas. And remember, any way you share your news, it’s always exciting to see the reaction of loved ones. Invite them to share the news with you for a gender reveal baby shower. Our Round Reveal Baby Shower Invitations and Balloon Surprise Baby Shower Invitations make for perfect invites. What other ideas have you seen? We’d love to hear from you! Check out our gender reveal Pinterest board for more ideas.
Images by: My Life in Transition; Project Nursery; Pinterest; Cardigan Empire; Limelight Photography; Kandice McDermott Photography; Design for Mankind; Talia Studio; Imprintables; PopSugar
Dani manages social media at Pear Tree Greetings, which means she actively shares, tweets, pins and posts from her laptop or phone all day long, always stressing the importance of a handwritten note.
Latest posts by Dani (see all)