Quack-quack. Rubber Ducks have long been a popular theme for baby showers, for lots of reasons: they are gender-neutral, so they can be used even if mom-and-dad-to-be don’t know the gender; rubber ducky decorations are easy to find; and, most importantly, ducks are cute! To get you inspired, we are sharing our favorite rubber duck baby shower ideas from baby shower invitations to baby shower decorations to baby shower food ideas.
The invitation is always the best way to establish your party theme for guests. Pear Tree has lots of cute baby shower invitations, but this Baby Duck Baby Shower Invitation takes the cake. Guests will love the unique cut out of the duck and will instantly get excited to celebrate the coming baby!
For rubber duck baby shower decoration ideas, personalize our Baby Duckling Table Decor. You can sprinkle it on the dessert table, food table, tape to the wall, or use to decorate your gift to the guest of honor. For 5 ways to use our table decor, click here. And, our Baby Duckling Baby Shower Favor Tags are the perfect accessory for your party favors.
For rubber duck baby shower food ideas, we scoured Pinterest and found lots of cute ideas. Here are our favorites that continue with this darling theme:
Rubber Duck Punch from Cutting Back Kitchen.
Lemonade from Kara’s Party Ideas. Continue reading
They grow up so fast, don’t they? Another year has passed, and it’s time once again to plan your little boy’s birthday party. But, no worries, our 5 most popular birthday party ideas for boys are packed with ways to make it special. Take your cue from your little guy and pick a party theme that he’s interested in, such as cars, animals or superheroes. You can go crazy with decorations or scale it back, depending on budget and time, but these party ideas will give you plenty of places to start.
1. Shark attack! Our Shark Mask Kids Birthday Invitation inspired the entire theme for this birthday party. From the food ideas to the decorations to the colors, it was a hit. Mom, Christy, ordered matching Shark Table Decor, hung up a fishing net and stuck the decor to the netting. She served shark-shaped sandwiches and ocean-themed cake pops. Each child received a shark invitation and there were extras at the party they could use as masks. Finally, Christy made hammerhead-shaped goodie bags for the kids to bring home. *No kids were attacked by a shark during this party.*
Click here to see the full shark-themed kids birthday party.
2. Li’l farmer. This Li’l Farmer is too cute! He loves animals, tractors and singing Old McDonald so it was a no-brainer to choose this theme for his 2nd birthday. Mom, Michelle, used our Li’l Farmer Tied with Twine Kids Birthday Invitations that features three cards tied together with twine. One of the cards in the invitation encouraged guests to share a favorite memory of the birthday boy and bring it to the party – a great keepsake! For food, Michelle made pink pig cupcakes, freshly squeezed lemonade, homemade apple-crisp and farm fresh veggie dip. As a favor, each guest went home with a red bandanna from Farmer Alex.
Click here to see the full farm-themed kids birthday party.
Are you throwing your best friend a bridal shower and looking for a theme? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We are sharing our top 3 bridal shower ideas to help inspire decorations, invitations, treats and more for the bride-to-be and her friends to enjoy!
1. Rustic-themed. At this bridal shower, bridesmaids used our Showers Ahead Bridal Shower Invitation and changed the colors to pink and grey. They used various shades of both colors in their decorations, food and treats. They strung our matching Showers Ahead Table Decor throughout the room. They also made a “bride-to-be” sign out of pink, kraft and black paper. It turned out to be a beautiful shower celebrating a very special bride.
Click here to see the full bridal shower.
We did it again. We had another 4th of July treat day in the office to put our co-workers’ cooking, baking and creativity skills to the test! (Click to see ideas from 2014 and 2013 treat days.) And, we must say, we are pretty excited to share these new 4th of July food ideas with you. They are simple to make, and you can bring them to your upcoming gathering to impress your friends and family.
We started the party with drinks to cool everyone down, using an idea we saw in the Hy-Vee magazine. We put raspberries and blueberries into ice cube trays and froze them overnight. We had sparkling water for our refreshment, but you could easily use lemonade or a favorite flavor of juice. We poured the drinks in mason jars and added our Red Striped Paper Straws for the patriotic touch.
For a main course meal we served a classic favorite, pulled pork sandwiches. For added fun, we personalized our Dots & Chevrons Cupcake Flags with red, white and blue and added a Happy 4th of July message.
Then, we made two pasta sides. One in the shape of the American flag and one using the patriotic colors of red, white and blue. The first pasta salad had one layer of bow tie noodles, and then used mini pepperonis for the red in the flag and cut up mozzarella cheese in cubes for the white in the flag. Black olives became the star portion and the whole salad was dressed with Italian dressing. It was delish!
Your little girl is turning one year older, and while you may be sad as you reflect on the years that have gone by, you should also be very proud. Look how much she has learned from you! It’s time to celebrate the person she’s become, and how much joy she has brought you and the people around her. To help inspire you, we are sharing our 5 most popular birthday party ideas for girls. Feel free to spoil her, because she’s only young once!
1. Movie Star. For this girl party idea, we used our Glowing Affair Photo Trifold Party Invitations and changed the colors to inspire the rest of the theme. We turned Gwyneth’s (the birthday girl’s) house into a red carpet event. We used the garage entrance to make a walkway for her friends to greet her as they arrived, and snapped lots of photos like the paparazzi would. At the premier event (a movie showing in the backyard), we had a snack bar full of family favorites, including Skittles, licorice, Dots and of course, various flavors of popcorn. For dessert, we made cupcakes with the movie theme in mind, decorating them with marshmallows to look like popcorn, clapboards and the big number 5 to celebrate this exciting year for Gwyneth!
Click here to read more about this Movie Star party.
2. Welcome to my Pizzeria! At this party, the invite set the tone. We used our Pizza Party Photo Spinner Kids Birthday Invitations that feature 4 photos of the birthday girl with the classic pizzeria colors of red, white and black. We also incorporated green into our color scheme. We set the table and sprinkled our matching pizza party table decor across it. Each child received a chef apron and they were ready to start making their own pizza! And what’s a pizzeria without an ice cream bar?!
Click here to read more about this Pizzeria birthday party.
Gender reveals are a fun new trend for moms- and dads-to-be. There are lots of great ways to get your loved ones in on the big surprise and let them know if you will be welcoming a girl or a boy. We wanted to share our top 5 gender reveal ideas to get your creative mind inspired. We know there are many more out there, but this list should get you started.
1. Balloon Popping. For this idea, fill dark-colored balloons with pink or blue confetti and inflate to medium size. You can give each person at the gender reveal party their own balloon to pop or the soon-to-be mom and dad can pop it in front of guests. If you choose to not have a party, but want to share on Facebook and Instagram, take photos of the balloon before it’s popped and then an action shot of popping it. This is such a fun idea – friends and family will love liking it!
2. Pink & Blue Dips. This gender reveal party idea will get your guests interacting and guessing the gender. Simply set out marshmallows, pink & blue frosting and pink & blue striped straws for guests to dip their marshmallow in the color they think is the gender of your baby! At the end of the party, when all the guesses are in, mom-to-be can hold the straws revealing the correct gender.
Wondering what’s hot on Pinterest from Pear Tree Greetings? Take a peek below to see our top pinned products and ideas!
1. Graduation Party Idea: This idea is easy, but adds the perfect touch to any graduation party. It was featured in our Classic Graduation Party Ideas post and uses our personalized graduation stickers on a mason jar. Simple & quick!
2. 4th of July food ideas: 4th of July celebrations are a month away and people are looking for patriotic food ideas to bring to their gathering. This idea was shown in our 4th of July food ideas post and is a simple display that uses 3 ingredients: blue corn chips, red peppers and humus!
Cards you created. Ideas we love.
We couldn’t believe it when we saw our Magic Unicorn Mask Birthday Invitations tagged on Instagram as part of this amazing unicorn party. We contacted the creative mom, Adrea, to see more of her fabulous girls’ birthday party ideas and ask how the party turned out. She told us all about it.
“We first found your gorgeous invitations at Pear Tree Greetings and became very excited about our theme! My mother ordered Hadley, the adorable unicorn set from The Land of Nod, that quickly became our color inspiration for her birthday party. We made unicorn-shaped sugar cookies and I hand-cut tissue paper tassels to create a tassel balloon and tassel honeycomb tissue balls (honeycomb balls from Shop Sweet Lulu).
“I gathered so many fabulous ideas from The Alison Show. Alison threw a unicorn fourth birthday party for her daughter, and every detail was perfect. I shamelessly incorporated so many of her ideas for Hadley’s party.
“Tables that were originally planned for outside dining were moved inside our garage due to a downpour. My sister purchased craft paper to use as tablecloths and wrote each child’s name in gold paint. We then set the table with Shop Sweet Lulu silver star plates and unicorn napkins. Each child received a special glass of Magical Unicorn Dust (glitter), which was a big hit! Unicorn horns were made with cotton candy holders and dipped in glitter.
The emotions you feel when welcome your new little one into your arms are indescribably happy ones: joy, love, relief and pride in your accomplishment, followed pretty closely by a panicky, how-am-I-going-to-do-this feeling. The responsibility and the emotions can be overwhelming, so the moms at Pear Tree wanted to help relieve some of that stress by sharing their best tips for new moms. For bedtime, laundry days, play time, school days and much more, here are our favorite tips for new moms from 5 Pear Tree moms.
Michelle, mom of 1 little boy with baby #2 on the way, due in a few short months!
- Laundry Magic. Never have to match socks again! Use diaper pins, the ones with the plastic tops, to match socks before laundering. I liked it so much for my son’s socks that I actually do my own now too!
- Extra supply of “Liquid Gold.” Help Preemie Babies & Breast Cancer Research by donating if you have extra supply of breast milk. Learn more here.
- Food tip. Whole grapes can be dangerous to feed little kids. They can easily choke on them if they’re not cut in half. Use two plates to hold grapes and slide knife through. Cuts a lot all at once! (Here is a pin to help.)
- Handprint preservation. Use modeling clay to preserve their sweet little handprint! I started this when my baby was 3 months old and have made them up to 3 years old + counting. I love looking back at these! The other great part about it is, you bake them in the oven and they are non-breakable and flexible. Alex loves looking back to see how small his handprint was when he was a baby and playing with them! We even gave a few as presents. OR use an ink pad + paper – any way of preserving their handprint works for me!
Birthday party ideas for girls seem to get more difficult to come up with each year. My daughter and I talked through a few different ideas and finally landed on a unicorn themed party. She loves anything pink and glittery, so we thought this would be the perfect theme to incorporate many shades of pink and several different accent colors.
For the invitations, I decided to use Pear Tree Greetings’ Magic Unicorn Mask Kids Birthday Invitations because they were super unique and fun for the kids to open. I decided to keep the colors of pink and purple to go with the color theme of the party.
The centerpiece for the party was a unique turquoise unicorn that I had found a while ago and always knew that I would eventually be able to use for a party. Continue reading