For birth announcement ideas that shine above the rest, you’ve got to check out our many new foil-stamped designs! Real foil shimmers and shines on these beautiful birth announcements to mark your baby’s welcome into the world in a very special way.
Congratulations on the arrival of your little one! Now that you have ooo’d and ahhh’d and soaked in all the little dimples of your newborn, it’s time to share all the picture-perfect details with family and friends so they can cherish the excitement, too. You’ll want to choose birth announcements that bring out the best in your baby photos, but where to start?
Lucky for you, when our designers are creating new birth announcements, they are already thinking about ways to highlight your baby in the best way possible. Their designs usually include multiple photos in different sizes and shapes so you can use a variety of shots, combined with fun, stylish fonts that let you layer in even more personality. To make the selection easier for you, we wanted to share our 5 most popular baby announcement ideas. Simply click on the image to see more details.
#1. Taped Collage Birth Announcements. This announcement features 5 photo spots to show off your bundle of joy. The trendy washi tape design on the back adds the perfect touch. You can see how it’d be our top seller!
#2. Welcome Baby Boy Birth Announcements. These birth announcements are easy on the checkbook and yet, showcase your newborn exactly how you pictured. There’s a total of four photo areas on this card and all colors can be personalized to your liking.
Real cards created by real people like you!
Awww how sweet is Addisyn? She is so unbelievably sweet and she just happens to be the daughter of my very best friend, Brooke. When I received Addisyn’s Monogram Dots Trifold birth announcement in the mail, I was in love. The photographs from Images by Drea are beautiful and the colors match her outfit with the card perfectly. So, I asked my best friend if she would share a little about her birth announcement ideas and be our Featured Favorite this month.
Real cards created by real people like you!
Is it a birth announcement? Or is it a Christmas card? It’s both, as this busy mother of three writes in the card’s greeting. “Life is busy, so consider this also an early Christmas card!” The family photos and new baby girl theme work beautifully with the pink and green striped border and linen-look background on our Stitched Stripes Baby Girl Announcements.
I have to say, I have completely enjoyed becoming a mother of three! Of course there are moments where life is complete chaos, but I’ve found it to be a good chaos. I think the main reason is not so much the new baby, but the realization that this is okay. I can now accept that there will always be toys on the floor, five more loads of laundry, and dishes in the sink. As a mom of three now, I’m cool with that!
Of course, the transition wasn’t easy….I remember the day my 3-year-old pulled frozen peas from the freezer and stomped each one into the floor. I also remember the day my 5-year-old got so mad, she put a hole in the wall from slamming the door. Ha! We definitely had a “transition” but hey, what family doesn’t? Imperfections and all, I’m loving this life.
When Justin was born, I was pretty excited to be able to send birth announcements, but you’d think I would’ve been all prepared with my favorite designs well before the baby was born…not so much. That’s the problem with working for a company like Pear Tree – there are ALWAYS new designs, and it was nearly impossible for me to narrow it down.
The most important step for me, besides choosing the design, is choosing the right photos, so I thought I’d share my process and a few photo tips for organizing and editing them with you.
First, I copy all the photos that I might use to their own folder – this keeps everything separated and easy to navigate. Then I start the editing process. I use Picasa, a free service that is really simple to use. There are tons of free systems online – I like this one because it helps to organize and identify the people in the photos. For each of the 10 or so photos that I really like, I do the following:
- Brighten with Fill Light. I love to do this because it removes the imperfections easily and adds a glow to the photo.
- Contrast with Shadows. Depending on how dark or light I want my photos, I’ll play with this until it looks right. With the original photo here on the left, you can see that adding a bit of Fill Light and Shadows really enhanced the image. I don’t do any Cropping at this stage because I may need some of the outer edges of the image for the card.
- Next I might try making it a Black and White photo, which is as simple as a single button. Sometimes there I’ll play with the Fill Light and Shadows again to make sure the photo looks perfect.
- And last, I add a Blur photos to really draw the eye to the moment of the photo rather than the patterns and textures around the edges.
Your new bundle of joy has arrived and now it is time for you to take photos to share with friends and family. To help you, we asked a photographer to share with us a few baby photo tips to help you out whether you’re a beginner or a bit more advanced.
- The first thing to remember when photographing babies is patience, patience, patience. Don’t expect to get a good shot in a couple of minutes. You are at the baby’s mercy and on their schedule. Be flexible, if the baby is sleeping or crying you can still get some great shots.
- Use a plain solid colored background, stay away from patterned blankets. This draws attention away from the main subject.
- Get down on their level. Get down on the floor and shoot from different angles.
- Continue reading
Sharing the news that you are expecting to welcome ten little toes and ten little fingers into the world is an exciting time for couples. And we have been seeing our fans and customers coming up with 8 very creative pregnancy announcement ideas that we wanted to share with you!
2. Sending a card like this Pear Tree Greetings customer
Your new baby is the focus, of course, but you also want to have a little fun with your baby announcement photos, right? What to do? Here are 5 of our top baby photo ideas to add personality and share your hopes and dreams for this new little person in your life!