Real cards created by real people like you!
The graduation announcements are pouring in and this one stood out for its bright red color and fun, candid photos. (Plus, the matching yard sign is hard to miss!) We asked Tristan’s proud mom to share a little bit about her son.
See how stylist, Chris from CelebrationsAtHomeBlog.com, used Pear Tree Greetings’ graduation products to create these classic graduation party ideas!
Graduation season is just about 6 weeks away for college, and a couple of months for high school, so it’s time to start planning! I’m excited to share this styling project that I worked on for Pear Tree Greetings in order to showcase ideas inspired by their faux foil triangles graduation invitation. The key design features I incorporated into this modern-classic graduation party were the classic black and gold color scheme, the graphic triangles, and photos & circles that complement the invitations.
I also added a few whimsical details like “graduation cap” bottle toppers, and “diploma” roll napkins. I’ll be sharing some tutorials for some of these projects this week so stayed tuned. For now let me tell you about the overall decor.
Looking for graduation announcement ideas? Take our quiz. Find the style that fits your personality, and we’ll pick out a graduation announcement for you!
Graduation season is right around the corner and that means you have just enough time to plan a fun party! We took our Kraft Ribbon Booklet for Her graduation invitations and used the fun and vibrant colors to jump-start our party theme. Who said graduation parties have to be in school colors?!
Looking for ways to throw a graduation party without blowing the budget? Here are some money saving graduation party ideas that will help you plan a budget-friendly party your grad will love.
Our budget: $500
Rough cost breakdown:
20% for Invitations/Thank You Cards/Stamps
50% for Food
15% for Beverages
General cost-saving tips
Your biggest expenses will be for food, followed by graduation invitations and graduation thank you cards. Because these costs are dependent upon how many people you invite, you can control how much you spend by adjusting the number of people you invite.
- Create a guest list and stick to it.
- Invite only close friends and family. It’s not necessary to invite the entire graduating class. Your grad may prefer a smaller affair anyway.
- If you want to invite classmates, give your grad a limit of how many friends they can invite. And it goes without saying, avoid posting the party on Facebook.
- Use cost-saving shopping clubs such as Sam’s Club for bulk purchases like paper plates, menu ingredients and beverages.
- Share costs with another family by throwing a joint party with one of your grad’s friends.
Invitations/Thank You Cards/Stamps
While invitations and thank you cards are a necessity, they don’t have to cost a mint.
- Pear Tree’s photo paper graduation announcements and invitations start at just 30 cents each.
- Remember, your guest list may include 75 people, but you only need to send one invite per household. And classmates do not expect invitations in the mail. You only need to send them to the adults on your list.
- Create your own thank you cards. Using our DIY cards for templates you can customize them with a photo of your grad, or a great photo from the party, and make your own thank you cards!
- Hand deliver as many invites as you can to save on postage.
- Send announcements instead of party invitations to those who probably wouldn’t come to the party anyway, but whom you don’t want to exclude. This won’t cut down on printing costs, but it will cut down on party costs.
- For more invitation ideas see our graduation checklist: order invitations.
Want your graduation announcements to stand out from the rest of the class? Look for the Golden Pears! Our most unique graduation announcement ideas are marked with a little Golden Pear, and when you see them you’ll know why!
These 4-panel designs are folded up like a booklet and tied with a ribbon for friends and family to unfold. Filled with lots of photos and personalization options, they let you tell your story in your own way.
Real Foil-Stamped Announcements
These graduation announcements let your personality shine! Real foil in gold or silver is stamped on the cards for the look of formal graduation announcements without all the pomp and circumstance.
See the latest trends in graduation announcements in Pear Tree’s 2014 collection! If you want the hottest looks, from vintage to real foil stamped announcements, you’ll find them here.
Vintage Graduation Announcements
Backgrounds of kraft paper and chalkboard, Polaroid-style frames, and color-washed photos bring vintage touches to your graduation announcements so you can tell your story in a unique way.
Modern Graduation Announcements
These fresh and contemporary graduation announcements leave tradition in the dust with bright colors, bold fonts and graphic layouts. Throw tradition out the window and choose a modern look.
Wondering what’s hot on Pinterest from Pear Tree Greetings? Take a peek below to see our top pinned products and ideas!
1. Glam Graduation Party Ideas: Find new ideas for creating a graduation party family and friends will remember!
2. Season Opener: Baseball Party Ideas: Welcome spring with this fun baseball-themed birthday party!