6 MONTHS TO 6 WEEKS BEFORE PARTY
- Make your guest list – don’t forget the parents of your grad’s friends, neighbors, coaches, mentors, and extra special teachers.
- Choose the location – keep in mind that at least half your guests will be teens (and you probably won’t know how many, until they show up).
- Set a date and time – try to avoid conflicts with close friends’ parties or your grad may be begging to leave his own party.
- Set the theme – it might be based on a favorite food, school colors, or an activity.
- Start collecting photos and memorabilia for party decorations – make digital copies of photos so you can use them in lots of ways.
- Decide on a menu and book caterer if using one – does your senior have a favorite food or restaurant?
- Order graduation party invitations – just enough for the adults on your list. (Check out our mini graduation announcements for classmates.)
- Order coordinating thank you cards and address labels, and stock up on stamps.