This year our designers wanted to give you more options for personalizing your Christmas cards from Pear Tree Greetings. They added multiple backer options to many of our flat, two-sided Christmas cards. This allows you to pick the style that best suits you and your family and is an easy way to add color and personality to your card. Here are a few of our Christmas card backer options, and you can see each how option would give you a different style.
Picking out what to wear for a family photos can be a daunting task, but we are here to help you with some of our favorite trends and color combinations to inspire you this season! We had fun shopping for clothing ensembles to match the style of three of our favorite Christmas cards. See if you like the looks we put together!
1. Chic Style. Pair black and gold together to get a chic and modern look. Remember, not everything has to be gold. Use accent pieces like shoes and hair accessories to tie it all together. Our Faux Foil and Foil Stamped Christmas cards work perfectly with this look.
You can get this look here.
We’ve all gotten them in the mail. The Christmas cards with the wonderfully sunny photos that make us think of warm breezes and summer vacations. Why not be that family this year?
All you have to do is remember to take a few photos while on your summer vacation. No pre-planning or pressure involved, unless of course you can’t resist a few props or wardrobe ideas. But the idea is to show off your spontaneous fun-loving side, and let friends and family know you didn’t sit on the couch all year. Here’s proof! Continue reading
I’ll admit, sending Christmas cards does get harder as your kids get older. I can think of lots of excuses not to, from lack of photos to lack of funds. But I also think that sending Christmas cards is about more than sharing baby photos.
1. By sending Christmas cards every year you are teaching your kids the power of connection and showing them that you value meaningful holidays as well as old friendships. You may not think they are watching, but they are. Someday they will think of you when they send their own Christmas cards.
Here’s a look at the top five products others are buying at Pear Tree Greetings this month!
This year, when I was thinking of new gift wrapping ideas, I used my holiday card for inspiration. A chalkboard background with red/white stripes with hand script in white. To make it work I used black craft paper (that resembled a chalkboard), some striped paper straws, red jute and a white chalk pen.
Follow along for an easy to do Christmas gift wrapping idea:
DIY Paper Straw Bow
4 paper straws
Jute or yarn
Step 1: Start with 4 straws, cut them each in half. Take 4 pieces from those and cut in half again. Next take the 4 largest pieces and cut a small piece off of each. The goal (see pictures) is to have 3 different length straws. 4 large, 8 medium and 4 small which is a total of 16 cut straws pieces. Then cut 6 pieces of string about 2 inches. These don’t need to be exact.
We know, the cards are sooo tempting, but your mailing list is sooo long that you can’t afford to send one of these fun cards to everyone. But we have a few tricks up our sleeve to solve this dilemma. Here are a few ways to trim your budget without trimming your mailing list.
- Send 2 different holiday cards: splurge on the card for close friends who live nearby, and send a different card to those who live far away (or at least won’t be comparing cards over the holidays). Or choose a card with room for newsy details to send to those you haven’t seen in a while, and just photos for those you see often.
- Look for flat, 2-sided photo Christmas card ideas for the best prices on our premium cardstock, matte-finish designs.
Ghosts, pirates, witches, pumpkins, superheroes and so many more creative costumes fill the streets in the evening of October 31st. This is one of the best times of the year for children as they go door to door disguised in their aspirational costumes and saying the familiar phrase of “Trick-or-treat!”
We love Halloween at Pear Tree, so this year we decided to have a Halloween Costume Contest to win $150 towards holiday cards! We’re looking forward to seeing all the fun costumes, and you just might win some extra cash to spend on your holiday cards!
How to enter:
1. Go to Halloween Costume Contest on our Facebook page and Like us to enter.
2. Upload a photo of you or your child in a Halloween costume.
3. Get friends and family to vote!
Entries will be accepted through November 4th and voting period is October 22nd – November 11th. Three winners will be chosen by Pear Tree from the top 10 most voted entries. Winners will be announced via Facebook on November 15th.
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
When we’re designing Christmas cards (or any other cards, for that matter) our inspiration comes from anywhere and everywhere—fashion, home decor, textiles, pop culture, events, you name it. Sometimes it all comes together perfectly, like in this year’s holiday collection.
We filled a Pinterest board with some of the hottest trends to influence our Christmas card ideas this year, including bright colors, stripes and patterns, mixed fonts, vintage shapes and natural elements. See if you can spot some of these trends in our new holiday cards!