Pear Tree Greetings’ Christmas cards were featured on KARE 11 Saturday on the morning of November 24th. Watch the video below as Stephanie, General Manger for Pear Tree, talks about the unique Christmas card ideas Pear Tree has to offer.
It’s the end of November and by now you have started gathering ideas for family and friends’ Christmas gifts. Or maybe you don’t use a list but shop throughout the year when you get a hint or idea for the perfect gift. Either way, it’s fun to try to find that one gift you know they’ll love. And we want to know in this Christmas contest, what is the best gift you’ve given or received? It can be something sentimental, something funny or something that really surprised you and stays with you every Christmas.
One way to make your graduation announcements unique is to use a memorable quote to convey the message. A quote can sum up what you and your graduate have gone through during the last 18 years. It can be a good way to share the personal lessons he or she may have learned, to express the growth they have achieved, or to express their goals, hopes and dreams for the future. Here is a list of the top 10 graduation quotes for this year’s grads, to fill them with encouragement as they embark on a new journey.
10. The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. ~Aristotle
9. You are educated. Your certification is in your degree. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world. ~Tom Brokaw
8. All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them. ~Walt Disney
7. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
6. I hope your dreams take you to the corners of your smiles, to the highest of your hopes, to the windows of your opportunities, and to the most special places your heart has ever known. ~Author Unknown
5. It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~E.E. Cummings
4. Graduation is only a concept. In real life every day you graduate. Graduation is a process that goes on until the last day of your life. If you can grasp that, you’ll make a difference. ~Arie Pencovici
3. You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You’re on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
2. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
1. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Spring is here and we all want to get outside. A winter’s worth of shooting portraits inside is enough to make any photographer go stir crazy. But today the greens are vibrant, flowers are blossoming, trees are budding, and it all makes a great setting for outdoor portraits. All you need is a camera, a subject, and some decent weather!
Shooting in Natural Light
One of the true perks of shooting portraits outdoors is you don’t have mess with studio lighting, flashes or any of that mess. You’re au naturale. Here are just a few outdoor photography tips to keep in mind:
The sun is your friend
When shooting in sunlight, keep the sun to the side of the subject. Shooting with the sun directly behind you just results in a squinting model and flat lighting. Shooting with the sun behind the model leaves you either with a correctly exposed background and a face in shadow, or a well lit face and a blown out background. Keep that sun to your side and you’ll get an evenly exposed shot with nice contours on your model. This happy couple on the right wanted an impromptu portrait taken while the cherry blossoms were poking out in Washington D.C.. The sun was a little too harsh and a little too high for our liking, but they were happy.
But so is the shade
Shooting in shade is kind of like shooting in a giant softbox. Your light is soft, you don’t have to worry about highlights that are too hot or shadows that are too dark. You can just focus on your model. What a relief!
Move aside cheap, cookie-cutter, cartoon-character kids Valentine’s Day cards and make room for Pear Tree Greetings’ stylish (cute!) and affordable versions. Your children are bound to have the most unique valentine cards in the class!
From owls and birds to trucks and airplanes and everything in between, our collection of kids Valentine’s Day card ideas will delight your children! Just ask them to pick out their favorite, and you’ll see! Continue reading →